Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Proposal

Last night Tony proposed to me!!!
I was not expecting it at all. We had gone to pick out rings for me and decided on a ring with a Sapphire and two diamonds on each side. So we are getting it made and it's taking a while. I am one that needs to practice patience and can't seem to wait.
We were talking last night and Tony said that it's going to be a while longer for the ring because of this...and that...and I suggested we get a decoy ring just so I can have something on my finger. He said no :(
We were on our way to our Book of Mormon study group when we had this conversation. When we got in we settled in had a song and prayer and then Tony pipes in and says "I have an announcement" and he stands up. I'm thinking what is he doing???? Then I see a ring box in his hand and I almost had a heart attack. He goes down on one knee and asks if I would marry him and I said YES!! I was so excited that I just took the ring out of the box and put it on my finger. I didn't even wait for him to put it on me. OOPS. I guess Tony didn't realize how long I've been waiting for this day. I was so embarrassed by it all and everyone applauded and took pictures with their camera phones :)
It may have not been the most romantic moment but it was memorable. I will never forget it. I love Tony so much. He is amazing and he even has made the commitment to be baptized.
A good week all together.

3 comments:

Danielle Hatch said...

congrats! wishing you and tony lots of happiness!

Danielle Hatch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Hansen said...

YYEAAAAAAAAAAA! I am so happy for You!!!!