Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cookin with Mom

Sunday was conference and although I tried to stay awake I fell asleep for most of it. Oops looks like I'll be reading them next month.
So I invited myself to dinner at Vivians and thought I'd help mom out in the kitchen. Actually mom didn't give me much choice in the matter I was put to work doing all the chopping.
It was actually a lot of fun. We chopped and chatted and talked about what to do with the potatoes ect ect...It's moments like that that made me realize that I love to cook and really have a passion for making good food and making people happy. Following my dreams can be scary and I feel like I'm in the dark a lot but I really want to share my passion and do it with children. I've decided to start a cooking class for kids. It's hard work and I'm no where finished but it's something I want to try. I cook with Dahra(8) and she loves it. I teach her how to chop and how to make things look pretty on a plate. We have a lot of fun.
I got a cool gift from my roommate Danielle. It's a silver ring that's inscribed with the words When you have faith...anything is possible. I believe that to be true.
I love you all and thanks for all your love and support. How lucky am I to come from such a rockin family!!

2 comments:

Tara Fears said...

You're so cute Jen! I just tagged you, check my bloggity blog for details!

Erin Vorkink said...

hee hee i love the hiding cho cho! you have a contagios laugh, thats my #7 for ya.