Saturday, July 26, 2008

Holy &$@%(insert your own word)

Ok so today after I worked at the templ I tried to take a nap but couldn't sleep so I decided to go running. I usually go in the evening after work at this awesome trail right by my apt. I don't know the distance but it's a great workout and gets me outside in the fresh air.
So instead of running tonight I went at about 3:00 and as Adri taught me I picked up a nice size rock for protection and started on my way. I got around the first corner when something caught my eye. A snake. I froze in awwh at it and notice it's rather large head and the tail
it was . . . a rattle snake. I've never seen one close up. It uncoiled its self and hissed at me a bit but I stood still. I couldn't believe it. I guess that's why I go in the evening when it's cooler. I was creeped out for the rest of my jog and was worried another one would pop out but no, I only saw bunnies, squirrles, sparrows and lots of bugs.
So there's my crazy moment for the day.
Peace out

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy shit- i'll say it :) that's crazy! i taught you well young grasshopper. i'm glad you're safe! love you! A

Sarah-sponda said...

Wow that's funny, glad you didn't step on it.